Monday, December 06, 2004

A Journey of Love in Taroko Gorge



Hualien, Taiwan Oct. 31, 2004 Posted by Hello

Andre came to visit me for two weeks (Oct 26--Nov. 9, 2004). Well, he had a good time in Taiwan and even a greater time in Taroko Gorge 太魯閣, Hualien, where we spent a weekend together in a friend's (Joyce's) place at the end of October. We walked to the Shrine of the Eternal Spring 長春祠 and went to see the Tunnel of Nine Turns 九曲洞, located at particularly narrow sections of the gorge. I visited Taroko Gorge twenty years ago and almost forgot the breathtaking beauty of its marble cliffs, deep gorges, winding tunnels if I didn't take Andre there this time. The flow of the Liwu River, which created winding gorges, rapids, waterfalls, and hollows in the rock, still fascinates me after all these years. It is an unparalleled chance to take in the scenery and atmosphere of the craggy landscape in the hustle and bustle of school work in mid-semester. Thanks to Andre's visit, I could have a short break amidst the hectic schedule of Fu Jen.
I love Hualien a lot. Maybe one day I would live in Hualien after I retire!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home